Our Core Values:
- Protect: Older adults have the right to live free from abuse, neglect, exploitation, and discrimination.
- Defend: All older adults have the right to equal protection under the law and equal access to the legal system.
- Empower: We believe:
- Self-determination and autonomy are key components of elder justice.
- In the value of diversity and the unique perspectives of all individuals, organizations, and disciplines that promote elder justice.
- That broad based participation in policy development is vital to reflect California’s rich diversity and strong traditions of innovation and social justice.
- Policy and practice must be based on non-partisan information and research.